This Friday, April 10, 2009 we will be facilitating an open online discussion about online teaching from Noon – 1pm CDT. At NIU we’ve offered face-to-face online teaching brown bag sessions in the past but this will be our first attempt at holding such informal discussions online. We’re not limiting the discussion to just NIU folks but are opening it up to anyone who would like to participate.
Some initial questions to get discussion started include:
- What does every online instructor need to know?
- What recently has worked really well in your online teaching?
- What recently have you tried that wasn’t as successful as you had hoped?
- What advice do you have for others who are considering teaching online for the first time?
- Any new tips, tricks, or tech that you’ve found and have implemented in your online teaching?
For more details and to register, visit http://www.niu.edu/facdev/programs/online
Please pass this info onto anyone at your campus who you think might be interested in participating. If there is enough interest, we could consider offering similar sessions in the future.