Did you know that you can submit your grades from Blackboard to MyNIU? This can save you a great deal of time, particularly if you have been entering grades in the Blackboard Grade Center all semester. You can use the Grade Center to calculate final grades and then export them to MyNIU instead of manually entering them, saving time and reducing the opportunity for data entry errors.
Once you have submitted grades using this tool, you simply log in to MyNIU to review and post the final grades.
If you would like some assistance using the tool, please attend our Open Lab next week where Faculty Development staff will be on hand to answer your Blackboard questions about calculating and submitting final grades with Blackboard. No registration is required. Just stop by on Thursday, May 8, 2014 from 11:00 – 1:00 in Adams Hall, Room 323.
How do you use the grade submission tool?
The steps are simple and may vary slightly depending upon how you used the Grade Center (particularly whether grades are calculated automatically in Blackboard or tabulated manually). To use the Grade Submission Tool:
- If grades are calculated manually – Customize the default letter schema in the Grade Center to match the grading scale for the course. Note that the default letter schema matches the Graduate grading scale and includes a C-. This can be removed for undergraduate courses
- If grades are calculated manually – Assign letter schema to the total score and/or weighted total column by setting the Primary Display to Letter
- Set the column in the Grade Center that contains the final grade to be the external grade column
- Review letter grades in the external grade column for any errors
- Within the Control Panel select Course Tools, then Grade Submission and Submit Grades
- Review grades again, make any changes necessary (such as changing a grade to Incomplete), and click the Submit button
- Login to MyNIU to confirm grades and complete posting
Note – Steps 1 and 2 assume use of the Grade Center to tabulate a final grade for the course. If you make these calculations manually and/or simply post the letter grades in Blackboard, you can add a new column manually, enter final grades for each student, and then skip to step 3.
Note also – The grade submission tool is available from the day after grade rosters are available in MyNIU through midnight of the night before the official deadline to submit grades. After that deadline, it is necessary to enter grades manually into MyNIU.